Voter Registration Form and or Address update
To qualify to vote, you must be:
- A US citizen and 18 years old on or before the next general election;
- a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately right before election day;
- Registered to vote at least 30 days before election day.
- You are not incarcerated for a felony conviction.
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court.
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of election laws.
NOTICE: Your registration or change of address must be received or postmarked 30 days before the election. We will notify you of your polling location.
Lines 1 and 2 are required by law. You must answer both of the questions for your registration to be processed.
Registering in Person
You must provide either a current valid Ohio driver's license, or the last four digits of your social security number on line 10. If you have neither, please write “None”.
Registering by mail
If you register by mail and do not provide either a current Ohio driver's license number or the last four digits of your Social Security number, please enclose with your application a copy of one of the following forms of identification that shows your name and current address:
- Current valid photo identification card, military identification
- Current (with in one year) utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check or government document (except board of elections notifications) showing your name and current address.
Your voting residence is your permanent, not temporary residence. It is the address to which, whenever you are absent, you intend to return. If you do not have a fixed place of residence and an inhabitant of a shelter or other location to which you intend to return, you may use that shelter or location as your residential address.
Your registration cannot be processed without your signature.
- Line 3: Your last name, full legal first name, middle name or initial and any suffix such as Jr., Sr., etc
- Line 4-6: House number, street, city and zip code for your current residence.
- Line 7: Mailing address only if it is different from your residence address, including post office box if applicable.
- Line 8: The county for your current residence.
- Line 9: The 2-digit number of the month, the day and the year you were born - example: 04/24/45.
- Line 10: Ohio driver's license number OR last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
- Line 11: Telephone number (voluntary)
- Line 12: Previous address. Complete this section only if you are, or have been, registered to vote. (Street address, City, County, and State)
- Line 13: Complete only if you have changed your name since last registration. Put your former legal name in first box; your former legal signature in second box.
- Line 14: Signature. Your complete legal signature or mark should not touch surrounding lines or type. If signature is a mark, include name and address of the person who witnessed the mark. The current date should be included.
Once you have submitted your information, your registration form will appear on your screen. Print your registration form.
SIGN AND DATE YOUR REGISTRATION FORM BEFORE MAILING IT TO THE BOARD OF ELECTIONS.
Please mail to:
Montgomery County Board of Elections
451 W. Third Street
Dayton, Ohio 45422