With flu and other ailments being passed around, we’ve been asked about sanitizing polling place equipment.
We are sending out a kit of supplies to all 360 precincts at 150 Polling Locations throughout Montgomery County. The kit includes alcohol wipes, hand sanitizer and cleaning cloths. The Centers for Disease Control and each manufacturer of our voting equipment has recommended these specific cleaning products.
The Secretary of State has been in contact with each Board of Elections to update us on developments and information from the Ohio Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control, Homeland Security and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.
As reported by the Ohio Department of Health, there have been no confirmed cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Ohio. Numbers on possible and confirmed cases are regularly updated at coronavirus.ohio.gov.
The risk to the general public in the U.S. remains low. However, it is important to prepare for the possibility of a COVID-19 outbreak in our communities.
Protect yourself and others around you by taking preventive measure to avoid infectious diseases:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water several times a day. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick (except to visit a health care professional) and avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces each day. Use a household cleaner according to label instructions.
Prepare your household with an emergency plan of action:
- Keep enough food and medication in your home to last for at least two weeks.
- Have plans in place should childcare facilities, schools, or workplaces close.
- Prepare for the possible cancellation or postponement of large community events.
- Be prepared to stay home if you are sick.
- Follow additional credible information available at coronavirus.ohio.gov.