One in four people have a mental health disorders. If you are feeling anxiety, stress or depression about COVID-19 and the socioeconomic uncertainty that comes with it, you are not alone.
Here are some simple steps you can take to cope with stress and anxiety during the coronavirus pandemic:
- Practice social distancing and wash your hands.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle including a healthy diet, sleep pattern, and exercise routine.
- Be prepared. Have supplies on hand including your every day, over-the-counter medications. Also, have enough household items and groceries on hand in case you need to stay home for an extended period.
- Get information from a trusted resource such as coronavirus.ohio.gov or call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634) if you have specific questions.
- Reduce the amount of time that you and your family spend watching or listening to media coverage.
- If you feel overwhelmed, speak to a health care provider or counselor.
- Practice mindfulness and self-care. Maintain a sense of hope and positive thinking: consider keeping a journal to write down things you are grateful for or that are going well. Relax your body often by doing things for you – take a deep breath, stretch, meditate, or engage in activities you enjoy.
- Reach out to people you trust to reduce loneliness and isolation by using the phone, email, text, FaceTime and social media to connect with others.
- Do not use alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs to cope
- Find local behavioral health resources by downloading our GetHelpNow App, available on Google Play and the Apple Store.
- If you feel you need assistance, please contact the Montgomery County Alcohol, Drug Addiction, and Mental Health Services (ADAMHS) Board at (937) 443-0416. Our focus is on saving lives, from COVID-19 and addiction.
Get Mental Health Help
- Ohio Crisis Text Line
Text keyword "4HOPE" to 741 741
- OhioMHAS Help Line
- Find Substance Use Disorder and Mental Health Treatment
- Disaster Distress Helpline
Text "TalkWithUs" to 66746
Spanish-speakers: Text "Hablanos" to 66746
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year-round