To all our liquor, grocery and food operations within Montgomery County:
We thank you for your compliance in following the Order signed late Sunday evening limiting bars and restaurants to carry-out and delivery only. We understand this is a very challenging time for your business. It is so important to remember the purpose of the Order is to limit in-person interaction as much as possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
While there may be confusion about how to implement this, we want to remind operators that onsite consumption of any food, beverage, liquor, beer, and/or wine is prohibited. This includes offering/serving beverages such as coffee, beer or wine, while customers wait on their order in the facility or on an outdoor patio.
Again, the purpose is to limit in-person interaction as much as possible, which is the primary means of transmission. Restaurants and bars increase and encourage talking, touching and other social interaction in an environment with a multitude of hard surfaces.
Here are suggestions for what you can do:
- Provide call-ahead orders to allow for pick-up options for consumers.
- Offer delivery options.
- If you are unable to offer the services listed above, please encourage the social distancing of 6 feet for customers while they wait in lines for orders or pick-ups.
- Post signs encouraging proper respiratory etiquette (coughing into elbow, etc.). Public Health has signs and stickers available.
- Have hand anti-septics, such as hand-sanitizer, available for customers to use.
- Clean and disinfectant frequently touched surfaces daily (such as doorknobs, light switches, counter tops, toilets, faucets, sinks, point of sale units).
- At this time it is the recommendation of the Ohio Department of Health and Ohio Department of Agriculture to suspend all buffets and salad bars.
We want to support all local restaurants and bars to remain open while complying with this order and referring to the recommendations for preventive measures from the ODH and the CDC. For more guidance, visit www.coronavirus.ohio.gov or www.cdc.gov or www.phdmc.org
If you have any questions, contact our office at 937-225-4460 or your inspector.